Development of Marketing Personas

The goal of this post is to outline and discuss Marketing Personas of Zesty’s Services. The objective of these personas is to use them to generate product value propositions (VPs) relevant to the different personas. These VPs can then be used to guide the creation of product marketing and sales enablement tools. Effectively these personas are buyers and buying decision makers. While there may be some overlap, these personas are not meant to constitute user personas of the product itself.

Personas:

Virtual Property Owners:

These owners want to understand new ways to generate value from their virtual properties.

VPs: Additional Revenue Stream via Advertising, **Is there a way we can help them drive property value via favorable marketing viability? For example, if a property is generating steading ad revenue via Zesty Ad Placement, that recurring revenue stream can be a proxy valuation metric or somehow used to communicate value of a property.

Space/World Creators

This persona is the creators of virtual spaces or worlds. They are creating virtual spaces wherein individuals can own and lease virtual lands.

VPs: Zesty Marketplace can provide infrastructure for ads within the space whether it is on real estate owned by the land creators (public space, unsold space) or by the Virtual Property owners themselves.

Advertising Agencies

These personas would be looking for plug and play solutions to deploying ads in the metaverse. I think there is an effort and desire to market Zesty’s capabilities directly to the advertiser, however this persona would likely be more educated in the space and require less education and onboarding.

Direct to Audience Advertisers

These personas are individuals or entities that are looking to market goods or services directly to their audience. I believe that this segment is the target segment for Zesty, however it should be understood that this persona may have little to no experience in this space and would thereby need more education and onboarding with respect to the product.

Thoughts?

Thanks @Obsidian_L1 for the well-thought post on Zesty’s marketing personas. I’m looking forward to what kinds of value props we can come up with each of our buyer types. I find it very interesting that you outlined that buyer personas != user personas for the product.

Diving into the responses for each of the personas…

re: Virtual property owners, I agree with you that the advertising revenue that accrues onto the land is a good proxy for the actual value of the land. It’s been difficult to price metaverse land accurately so Zesty’s data around cash flow as well as data generated by our beacons could help improve that buying/assessment process.

When I saw space/world creators, I am talking about the WebXR spaces that have integrated our Zesty SDK into a non-blockchain-based world. For example, something like this: Archery Dungeon WebXR Game | Zesty Market

The above space has generated so far $705 USDC in total revenue from advertising for the space through integrating the Zesty banner SDK, and it is not a virtual property but a game.

You’re right in your understanding that direct advertisers are the current target segment who would be ideal users for the current product, but over time we’ll be interacting more with larger groups/entities that want to take advantage of the exposure that Zesty provides for anyone that is interested in advertising in the metaverse. This would soon include advertising agencies looking for easy ways to run campaigns for their clients. In general, I find that we need more educational content and onboarding for the product.

Maybe a good area to explore next could be to look into the different kinds of products that direct to audience advertisers would want to sell using Zesty?

Updated to include feedback from limbofeather on Jan 21, 2022

Personas:

Virtual Property Owners:

These owners want to understand new ways to generate value from their virtual properties.

VPs: Additional Revenue Stream via Advertising, **Is there a way we can help them drive property value via favorable marketing viability? For example, if a property is generating steading ad revenue via Zesty Ad Placement, that recurring revenue stream can be a proxy valuation metric or somehow used to communicate value of a property.

On-chain Space/World Creators

This persona is the creators of virtual spaces or worlds. They are creating virtual spaces wherein individuals can own and lease virtual lands.

VPs: Zesty Marketplace can provide infrastructure for ads within the space whether it is on real estate owned by the land creators (public space, unsold space) or by the Virtual Property owners themselves.

Off-chain Space/World Creators

This persona refers to developers of WebXR spaces that are not necessarily part of a block-chain-based world.

VPs:Their spaces and worlds are internet connected and can benefit from the deployment of ad space for purchase as well as the revenue and analytics from this.

Advertising Agencies

These personas would be looking for plug and play solutions to deploying ads in the metaverse. I think there is an effort and desire to market Zesty’s capabilities directly to the advertiser, however this persona would likely be more educated in the space and require less education and onboarding.

VPs: Zesty provides easy to use, scalable, programatic, and data-rich means of getting ads out into WebXR spaces with analytics on the eyes that are seeing those ads.

Direct to Audience Advertisers

These personas are individuals or entities that are looking to market goods or services directly to their audience. I believe that this segment is the target segment for Zesty, however it should be understood that this persona may have little to no experience in this space and would thereby need more education and onboarding with respect to the product.These personas are individuals or entities that are looking to market goods or services directly to their audience. I believe that this segment is the target segment for Zesty, however it should be understood that this persona may have little to no experience in this space and would thereby need more education and onboarding with respect to the product.

@limbofeather , do you think that the "onchain space/world creator persona is still relevant?

Additionally, I think we need to plugin some wording about how Zesty mitigates the possibility of bans, demonetization, and censorship.

Do we have some simple 1-2 sentences explanations of how Zesty does/intends to do this?

Yes, I do think that the onchain space/world creator persona is still relevant.

Re: demonetization/censorship/bans, it’s actually impossible for the core Zesty team to demonetize a creator once the protocol is decentralized, as there would be no single entity that controls the Zesty Market smart contracts. The Zesty DAO, can however decide to move as a collective through a vote to act against a malicious actor in a way that would prevent their further use.